Briton 996 Magnetic Door Closer FREE UK SHIPPING!
The Briton 996 magnetic door closer is ideal for fire rated doors where a hold open door closer or swing free feature is required. Available in size 3, suitable for doors up to 950mm wide and 60kg in weight.
The Briton 996 magnetic door closer at Electric Locking Systems is available in size 3. Ideal for applications with a maximum opening force requirement of Part M of The Building Regulations, and for high traffic areas that require a hold open door closer or swing free feature for fire rated doors. In either case the spring closing function of the door closer can be temporarily disabled to allow free passage
The Briton 996 makes it impossible to wedge doors open due to the link with the building’s alarm system – as a closed fire door prevents the spread of flames and smoke. When de-activated via a connection to the building fire alarm or smoke detection system, the electromagnet disengages and the magnetic door closer closes the door in the normal manner to maintain fire safety.
We offer the Briton 9963/66 magnetic door closer in size 3:
- CE marked (EN 1155)
- Fixed closing power EN size: 3
- Maximum angle of opening (controlled closing) is 110
- Adjustable closing speed & latch action
- Parallel mounting
- Hold-open adjustment
- Free-swing operation
- 10-year mechanical guarantee
- 2-year electrical guarantee
Features of the Briton 996 magnetic door closer:
- Pressure die cast aluminium body giving rugged durability.
- Steel rack and pinion mechanism is heat treated for strength and durability.
- High quality silicon chrome alloy steel used for the coil spring.
- Armset and brackets for regular or transom mounting (for parallel mounting please specify when ordering)
- Fabricated steel cover is available in a range of finishes
- ‘Catch plate’ can be set to operate in hold-open or swing-free mode at the point of installation.
- Electromagnet is controlled by the building fire alarm/detector and activates the ‘catch plate’ to ensure the door closes automatically in the event of a fire or power failure.
- Optional rear entry cable allows units to be installed with concealed cable via a concealed loop to protect the closer against vandalism.
- Supplied with flexible armoured power loop (330mm long as standard) to run power safely from the door frame to the closer
Testing & Certification:
- CE marked to EN1154 – AE0007 (Briton 9963)
- CE marked to EN1155 for electromagnetic hold-open variants
- Fire tested to EN1634 on timber doors to achieve a 2 hour fire rating.
- Certifire Approved CF109
- EPD certified
Order the Briton 996 magnetic hold open door closer online at Electric Locking Systems with worldwide delivery, same day dispatch and free technical support.